The changing seasons affect your skin in different ways. In winter, that means colder air that dries out your skin and can even prematurely age your appearance. Microneedling, aka collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive procedure that rejuvenates your skin from within.
At Napa Solano MediSpa, we often say that when you look your best, you feel your best! Adding microneedling to your at-home winter skincare routine can help increase collagen production and keep your skin looking springtime fresh.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling enhances your skin’s appearance by stimulating collagen. To perform the procedure, an aesthetician uses multiple tiny needles to penetrate the outer layer of your skin. This encourages your body to increase the production of collagen and elastin, which, in turn, rejuvenates skin cells. These new skin cells replace older, dead cells, leaving your skin fresh and bright. The increased collagen also allows your skin to stay fuller and younger looking, while the rise in elastin brings back elasticity to the facial skin.
Along with improving skin texture, benefits of the procedure include:
- Softening fine lines
- Reducing acne scars
- Tackle ultraviolet (UV) damage, including age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Shrinking pores
- Brightening skin
- Diminishing the appearance of stretch marks
Winter Skin Care
Opting for microneedling in the winter comes with terrific advantages:
- Brighter, healthier skin. A lack of UV exposure, higher indoor temperatures, and cooler outdoor weather can cause facial skin to become dull and dry in the winter. Post-procedure, you can expect your skin to be bright and glowing.
- Dry skin patch treatment. Moving back and forth between the warm indoors and the cold outdoors can cause your skin to become dehydrated. Microneedling rejuvenates the outer layer of skin, giving you a smooth, glowing result.
- Lower UV levels. While it’s true that reduced exposure to UV can dry out your skin, it’s also the perfect condition for recovering from aesthetic treatments, as you won’t be at risk of increased sun damage.
Maintaining microneedling’s benefits through the winter is essential. Once any redness fades, protect your skin with aesthetician-recommended gentle cleansers and moisturizers. Just be sure to avoid any skincare products that are scented or contain harsh chemicals meant to exfoliate.
We’re often asked if it’s ok to use makeup post-procedure. The answer is yes, as long as you wait about 48 hours and then use gentle, unscented products with natural ingredients for a few days. Don’t hesitate to ask your aesthetician any questions before and after your appointment.
Winter Aesthetician Services at MediSpa
Napa Solano MediSpa also offers a wide range of aesthetician services throughout the year, including injectable services, laser treatments, and more. Don’t let the winter weather dry out your skin! Why not treat yourself to a relaxing facial and a day of pampering at our MediSpa? Talk to one of our staff members today about creating a personalized and customized skincare treatment plan that best fits your needs.